Thanks for entering our tournament this Saturday, July 22nd. We have an exciting day planned for you. In addition to a fun event, we'll be raffling off great prizes, starting with the $500 gift card from Southwest Airlines. Other prizes include a volleyball, beach chairs and gift cards. And of course our 1st place teams will win our monster trophy, The Beach Ball Cup.
We'll be playing at the Sand Courts at Four Lakes in Lisle; 5750 Lakeside Drive. Click on the nearby court image for the map of the venue.
You will find that Four Lakes is beach volleyball paradise; easy access, free parking and beautiful courts. The one drawback, there's no shade. So it is imperative you bring out a tent or umbrella for protection from the sun.
According to the Accuweather forecast, it's going to be a beautiful, partially cloudy day - temps will be in the low 80's. Perfect for beach volleyball. Click on the nearby image of the sun for the latest forecast.
Of course, heat and sun will be a big factor, so players should be prepared. Hydration is essential. A good hydration regimen is important, it should start the night before. And during the day of the tourney, players should drink plenty of water and seek out the shade when not playing. Also, players should wear sand socks to protect their feet, and they should use plenty of sunblock to protect their skin.
If you encounter any health issues, Doctors of Physical Therapy will be on site. DPT provides our Lisle community with one-on-one, expert clinical care. They will be able to assist with any physical problems that arise during the course of the day. In addition to the normal scrapes, bruises and sprains associated with volleyball, outdoor volleyball has its own hazards. Everyone must be especially vigilant for early signs of heat stroke.
Concerning the rules, we follow USAV beach volleyball rules supplemented by our house rules. Parents, players and coaches should review these rules before the tourney just to make sure everyone understands the rules that we employ. You'll find our Rules-of-Play on our website, just click on the nearby rule book image.
Finally, here are the CHECK- IN PROCEDURES:
1. Check-in runs from 9:30 to 10 at our info tent located at the sand courts.
2. YOU MUST TURN IN YOUR ENTRY TICKET at the check-in tent. And please be sure that you and your teammate's parent or guardian sign the entry ticket at the bottom of the page ahead of time - this entry ticket also serves as a waiver of liability.
3. At check-in, you'll receive your court assignment. Please go to that court.
4. We'll hold a rules meeting, running from 10 - 10:15.
5. The pool play schedule will be brought to your court after our rules meeting; you should receive it between 10:15 – 10:20. Play will start at that time.
6. And finally, don't forget to bring a volleyball for your team to use during the tourney.
Again, thanks for signing up for this event and I'll see you at Four Lakes this Saturday.
N Ave Beach Club